Do’s and Don’ts for New Digital Businesses in UAEDo’s and Don’ts for New Digital Businesses in UAE https://www.seopro.ae/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/b-01.jpg 770 450 seopro-admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/2c54abcbb9a6527fc69ef74bb3616212?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Digital businesses have taken over the mainstream market, especially during the covid-19 pandemic. There are entrepreneurs trying their luck in digital businesses during this time. As UAE has been one of the hubs of businesses, entrepreneurs strive to make their space here because the market here is vast and diverse.
People from East and West come to visit UAE so if one does not buy your product then there is a chance that the other will. But still many businessmen end up packing their bags and making their way back to their countries. The only reason of this is the unfamiliarity of the entrepreneurs with the written and unwritten laws of business in this region. Here is the list of points that are prohibited in UAE and you should learn them on your fingertips so that your digital business can flourish;
- Hassles are never catered; It is usually said that businessmen have to be very careful about their dressing and etiquette in UAE as people here are very sophisticated and notice all the minute details of your personality. Well, the same goes for your digital business, i.e. your website should be very clear and hassle-free plus it should be free of bugs as they easily turn their back to the things that are difficult or take more time than they should. If your website has any such issue then solve it as soon as possible.
- Starting up your business without knowing audience does not help; As we know the UAE is a diverse society, and doing a thorough research of your targeted audience, via Internet or in person, will help you a lot to set a certain standard of your business and after sometime, this way, your customers will be able to trust you blindly. If you do not know your audience then you will remain unnoticed as the people here have a number of option
- You cannot survive if you do not know more than one language; In this region knowing English is a must and if you are thinking to cater Arab Emiratis then you also need to know Arabic. Yes, you got it right your website has to have options for both the languages as non-Arab Emiratis do not know Arabic while Arab Emiratis do not know much of English. This is important as you will never know who is visiting your website.
- No compromise on quality; Quality is important in every part of the world but there are instances that some businesses, in other countries, are only meant to cater to lower or poor class. While in the UAE, even the labor class looks out for quality products as most of them buy gifts for their beloved ones back in their own countries.
- No timeliness will badly hurt your reputation; The ordered items should be delivered on the time you have promised otherwise you will not be able to get as many customers as you could. This is because the country is small and word of mouth spreads like wildfire. So never promise a deadline you cannot achieve.
- Do not expect funds; Dearest newbie, it will be the biggest mistake to think of getting funds for your business anyway in UAE. If you do not have enough money to pay your bills you should better not think about even running your digital business in this country.
- Do not hire anyone without a legal contract; UAE might be the dreamy country for many businesses but your minor mistake can get you in prison as they have the throat-cutting laws. Following all the legal procedures will keep you on a safe side.
- Do not use only one means of marketing; As the electronic devices and internet are extremely reasonable in UAE, people here use almost all the social media platforms so if you are on Facebook but not on Instagram then your integrity is at risk
Although UAE is a tax-free heavenly country having a success story of your digital business is difficult to achieve due to the strict rules and regulations. Not only that, meeting the standards of your targeted audience in this region is also difficult. Using smart strategies and taking care of all the minor details they notice can be the only way to achieve a successful digital business. Once you have gained that you can then stay in the UAE’s market for a long time as they do not leave what they love.
Now that you know all the key points to avoid in UAE making a move will surely get you something if, God forbid, not a really well-established business. Best of luck for your future.